J. M. Smucker (SJM) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Maintains Outlook
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
J. M. Smucker (NYSE: SJM) reported Q2 EPS of $2.05, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $1.93. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.91 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2 billion.
J. M. Smucker maintains FY2017 EPS of $7.60-$7.75, versus the consensus of $7.68.
"We delivered record adjusted earnings per share for the fiscal second quarter," said Mark Smucker, Chief Executive Officer. "We continue to make significant progress against our current year priorities and long-term goals. These include achieving sustainable cost reductions that both support the bottom-line and fuel investments in the continued growth of our brands. As an example, we are excited to announce the launch of Nature's Recipe® premium pet food into grocery and mass merchandise outlets later this fiscal year. We are aggressively pursuing a variety of growth opportunities and remain confident about enhancing shareholder value."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on J. M. Smucker (SJM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Good Times Restaurants (GTIM) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
- NCI Building Systems (NCS) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c