J. M. Smucker (SJM) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Maintains Outlook
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
J. M. Smucker (NYSE: SJM) reported Q2 EPS of $2.05, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $1.93. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.91 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2 billion.
J. M. Smucker maintains FY2017 EPS of $7.60-$7.75, versus the consensus of $7.68.
"We delivered record adjusted earnings per share for the fiscal second quarter," said Mark Smucker, Chief Executive Officer. "We continue to make significant progress against our current year priorities and long-term goals. These include achieving sustainable cost reductions that both support the bottom-line and fuel investments in the continued growth of our brands. As an example, we are excited to announce the launch of Nature's Recipe® premium pet food into grocery and mass merchandise outlets later this fiscal year. We are aggressively pursuing a variety of growth opportunities and remain confident about enhancing shareholder value."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on J. M. Smucker (SJM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; FY17 adj.-EPS Outlook Boosted
- MeetMe (MEET) Announces Strong CPM Data for November 2016; Reaffirms Q4, FY16 Outlook
- Workday (WDAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!