J. M. Smucker (SJM) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c; Maintains Outlook
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
J. M. Smucker (NYSE: SJM) reported Q1 EPS of $1.86, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $1.74. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.82 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.89 billion.
J. M. Smucker maintains FY2017 EPS of $7.60-$7.75, versus the consensus of $7.70.
"We are pleased with the start to our fiscal year as we delivered record first quarter earnings per share, which exceeded our expectations," said Mark Smucker, Chief Executive Officer. "Despite the impact of deflation on the top line, we remain on track to achieve our original expectations for full-year earnings per share. We are strengthening a great portfolio of brands by investing in new capabilities and on-trend platforms that are essential to long-term sales growth. At the same time, we are focused on sustainable cost reductions that are delivering significant bottom-line benefits. For these reasons, we remain confident in achieving our long-term objectives and delivering continued shareholder value."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on J. M. Smucker (SJM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- TrustCo Bank (TRST) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS
- 1st Constitution Bancorp (FCCY) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!