J. M. Smucker (SJM) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c; Maintains Outlook
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
J. M. Smucker (NYSE: SJM) reported Q1 EPS of $1.86, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $1.74. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.82 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.89 billion.
J. M. Smucker maintains FY2017 EPS of $7.60-$7.75, versus the consensus of $7.70.
"We are pleased with the start to our fiscal year as we delivered record first quarter earnings per share, which exceeded our expectations," said Mark Smucker, Chief Executive Officer. "Despite the impact of deflation on the top line, we remain on track to achieve our original expectations for full-year earnings per share. We are strengthening a great portfolio of brands by investing in new capabilities and on-trend platforms that are essential to long-term sales growth. At the same time, we are focused on sustainable cost reductions that are delivering significant bottom-line benefits. For these reasons, we remain confident in achieving our long-term objectives and delivering continued shareholder value."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on J. M. Smucker (SJM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- NCI Building Systems (NCS) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c
- Good Times Restaurants (GTIM) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!