Iridium Communications (IRDM) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16, Longer-Range Outlooks
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Iridium Communications (NASDAQ: IRDM) reported Q3 EPS of $0.26, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $0.24. Revenue for the quarter came in at $112.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $111.21 million.
The Company updated its full-year 2016 outlook for total service revenue growth and OEBITDA. The Company now expects:
- Total service revenue growth between 5% and 6% for the full-year 2016.
- Full-year 2016 OEBITDA between $250 million and $255 million. OEBITDA for 2015 was $234.0 million.
|2016 Outlook (July 2016)||2016 Outlook(October 2016)|
|Total Service Revenue Growth||4% to 6%||5% to 6%|
|Operational EBITDA (OEBITDA)||$245 million to $255 million||$250 million to $255 million|
Given the expected completion of Iridium NEXT during 2018, the Company now expects that 2019 will be the first full year of operation of its next generation of satellites. To reflect this change in schedule, the Company is introducing financial guidance for 2019. The Company updated its long-range outlook for timing of total service revenue, OEBITDA margin and net leverage. Iridium now expects:
- Total service revenue between $440 million and $465 million for the full-year 2019.
- OEBITDA margin of approximately 60% in 2019.
- Negligible cash taxes from 2016 to approximately 2020.
- Peak net leverage of 6.0x to 6.5x OEBITDA in 2017.
- Net leverage below 4x OEBITDA in 2019.
|Long-Range Outlook(July 2016)||Long-Range Outlook(October 2016)|
|Total Service Revenue||$420 million to $465 million for the full-year 2018||$440 million to $465 million for the full-year 2019|
|Operational EBITDA (OEBITDA) Margin||Approximately 60% in 2018||Approximately 60% in 2019|
|Cash Taxes||Negligible cash taxes from 2016 to approximately 2020||Affirmed|
|Peak Net Leverage||6.0x - 6.5x OEBITDA in 2017||Affirmed|
|Net Leverage||Approximately 4x OEBITDA in 2018||Below 4x OEBITDA in 2019|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Iridium Communications (IRDM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vera Bradley (VRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Offers Light Q4 Outlook; Enters New Licensing Agreements
- Curtiss-Wright (CW) to Acquire Teletronics Technology in $233M Cash Deal
- Photronics (PLAB) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Q1 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!