International Paper (IP) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) reported Q3 EPS of $0.91, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.93. Revenue for the quarter came in at $5.3 billion versus the consensus estimate of $5.37 billion.
"I'm pleased with our strong cash generation this quarter despite an uneven global economy and rising input costs," said Mark Sutton, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "We continue to see stable to improved market demand across most of our businesses, particularly North American Industrial Packaging. We have begun to implement the NA containerboard and box price increases and we remain focused on a fourth quarter close of the Weyerhaeuser pulp business acquisition. These key efforts, along with others, will increase shareholder value and give us confidence in our continued ability to generate strong and sustainable cash from operations and free cash flow."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on International Paper (IP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Up 16%; Offers Guidance
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!