Illumina (ILMN) Tops Q3 EPS by 10c, Guides Below
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN) reported Q3 EPS of $0.97, $0.10 better than the analyst estimate of $0.87. Revenue for the quarter came in at $607 million versus the consensus estimate of $614.31 million.
Illumina sees FY2016 EPS of $3.27-$3.32, versus the consensus of $3.38.
"While sequencing sample volume growth remains robust, our lowered revenue outlook reflects our updated expectations for HiSeq 2500, HiSeq 4000 and HiSeq X instrument purchases, as well as HiSeq 2500 reagent sales,” stated Francis deSouza, President and CEO. “Over the last few weeks it has become clear that certain academic funding practices were modified in the third quarter, limiting our customers’ ability to make HiSeq X capital commitments. Further, HiSeq 2500 and 4000 demand has been impacted by a migration to NextSeq, for enhanced workflow flexibility and HiSeq X, given its beneficial pricing for whole genome sequencing.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Illumina (ILMN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
- General Mills (GIS) to Form New Organizational Structure; Will Focus on Four Business Groups
- Materion Corp. (MTRN) to Acquire Certain Materials Business Assets from Heraeus Group
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!