Illumina (ILMN) Tops Q3 EPS by 10c, Guides Below
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN) reported Q3 EPS of $0.97, $0.10 better than the analyst estimate of $0.87. Revenue for the quarter came in at $607 million versus the consensus estimate of $614.31 million.
Illumina sees FY2016 EPS of $3.27-$3.32, versus the consensus of $3.38.
"While sequencing sample volume growth remains robust, our lowered revenue outlook reflects our updated expectations for HiSeq 2500, HiSeq 4000 and HiSeq X instrument purchases, as well as HiSeq 2500 reagent sales,” stated Francis deSouza, President and CEO. “Over the last few weeks it has become clear that certain academic funding practices were modified in the third quarter, limiting our customers’ ability to make HiSeq X capital commitments. Further, HiSeq 2500 and 4000 demand has been impacted by a migration to NextSeq, for enhanced workflow flexibility and HiSeq X, given its beneficial pricing for whole genome sequencing.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Illumina (ILMN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- Dollar General (DG) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c; Comps Light of Views; Sees FY16 EPS at Low-End of Growth Outlook
- Workday (WDAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!