Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Raises FY Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW) reported Q3 EPS of $1.50, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $1.49. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.5 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.5 billion.
Illinois Tool Works sees Q4 2016 EPS of $1.31-$1.41, versus the consensus of $1.38.
Illinois Tool Works raises FY2016 EPS to $5.56-$5.66, versus the consensus of $5.62.
"The ITW team delivered another quarter of quality execution and earnings growth marked by all-time record operating income and continued strong margin expansion driven by our Enterprise Strategy initiatives. In addition, continued progress in executing our pivot to growth in combination with our diversified portfolio of seven highly differentiated businesses allowed us to deliver positive organic growth in the third quarter despite a macro environment that remains challenging,” said E. Scott Santi, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Illinois Tool Works (ITW) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Updates on Enterprise Strategy; Guides FY17 EPS Inline
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Sees FY17 Revenue Midpoint Below Views - Bloomberg
- Smith & Wesson (SWHC) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Q3 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!