Hasbro (HAS) Tops Q3 EPS by 29c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 17, 2016 6:32 AM EDT)
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) reported Q3 EPS of $2.03, versus the analyst estimate of $1.74. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.68 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.56 billion.
Boys category revenues for the third quarter increased 2% to $605.5 million. Revenue growth in the quarter was driven by gains in Franchise Brand NERF and TRANSFORMERS, as well as shipments of YO-KAI WATCH.
Games category revenues for the third quarter increased 13% to $409.5 million, behind growth in multiple gaming formats including face-to-face gaming, off-the-board gaming and digital gaming. Franchise Brand MAGIC: THE GATHERING revenues increased in the quarter, along with growth in PIE FACE, DUEL MASTERS and a number of other brands.
Girls category revenues for the third quarter increased 57% to $462.0 million. The category benefited from shipments of Hasbro’s line of DISNEY PRINCESS and DISNEY’S FROZEN fashion and small dolls and DREAMWORKS’ TROLLS as well as growth in BABY ALIVE and FURBY products.
Preschool category revenues for the third quarter declined 8% to $202.8 million. Revenue growth in Franchise Brand PLAY-DOH was more than offset by declines in PLAYSKOOL HEROES and core PLAYSKOOL items.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Hasbro (HAS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- BMO Capital Remains Bullish on Duluth Holdings Inc. (DLTH) Following 3Q Report
- General Electric (GE) Raises Quarterly Dividend 4.3% to $.24; 3.1% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!