Harley-Davidson (HOG) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Plans to Streamline Ops in Q4; Reaffirms FY16 Shipment Outlook
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Harley-Davidson (NYSE: HOG) reported Q3 EPS of $0.64, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.64. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.27 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.09 billion.
Harley-Davidson worldwide retail motorcycle sales in the third quarter were down 4.5 percent, primarily on weak U.S. industry trends. Harley-Davidson retail motorcycle sales in the U.S. were down 7.1 percent compared to the year-ago quarter, with the overall U.S. industry also down for the same period. Harley-Davidson's U.S. market share for the quarter was 52.3 percent in the 601cc-plus segment, essentially flat compared to the third quarter in 2015. Harley-Davidson international retail sales increased by 1.0 percent over the prior year quarter.
Recognizing the continued slower industry growth in the U.S., the company will streamline its operations in the fourth quarter of 2016. It expects to incur expenses of approximately $20 million to $25 million in the fourth quarter, primarily for employee separation and reorganization costs.
Harley-Davidson continues to expect to ship 264,000 to 269,000 motorcycles in 2016, which is approximately down 1 percent to up 1 percent from 2015. In the fourth quarter of 2016, the company expects to ship 44,200 to 49,200 motorcycles compared to 48,149 motorcycles shipped in the year-ago period. The company continues to expect full-year 2016 operating margin of approximately 15 to 16 percent for the Motorcycles segment. The company continues to expect 2016 capital expenditures for Harley-Davidson, Inc. of $255 million to $275 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Harley-Davidson (HOG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wipro (WIT) Misses Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides Q3 Revenue Below Consensus
- Moody's Corp. (MCO) Tops Q3 EPS by 16c; Update FY16 EPS Outlook; Offers Litigation Update
- Bank of Commerce Holdings (BOCH) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.18
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!