H&R Block (HRB) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.55), $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.53). Revenue for the quarter came in at $125 million versus the consensus estimate of $132.62 million.
"Because of the highly seasonal nature of our business, the fiscal first quarter is not indicative of our full year results. That said, all of the company's efforts remain laser-focused on executing a successful tax season," said Bill Cobb, H&R Block's president and chief executive officer. "We will have compelling client offers and improvements to the client experience. I'm truly looking forward to the next tax season and demonstrating our ability to deliver strong results for the fiscal year."
"We are on target to execute our cost reduction plans. While expenses are down slightly this quarter, the majority of our planned reductions will occur after the first quarter," said Tony Bowen, H&R Block's chief financial officer. "These planned savings will enable us to continue to ensure strong free cash flow while also allowing us to make the appropriate investments to achieve our operational objectives for the upcoming tax season."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on H&R Block (HRB) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC) Reports Inline Q3 EPS; Narrows FY16 Outlook; Approves $30M Stock Buyback Plan
- Equity Bancshares (EQBK) Clears Final Regulatory Hurdle Needed to Close Community First Bancshares Merger; Moves to Acquire Prairie State Bancshares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!