Groupon (GRPN) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Guides Higher, Acquires LivingSocial
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.01), $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.02). Revenue for the quarter came in at $720.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $710.47 million.
Gross Billings were $1.43 billion in the third quarter 2016, down 2% from $1.47 billion in the third quarter 2015.
On October 24, 2016, Groupon entered into an agreement to acquire all of the outstanding shares of LivingSocial, Inc. The acquisition is expected to close by early November 2016, subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions. The acquisition consideration is not material.
Groupon sees FY2016 revenue of $3.075-3.15 billion, versus the consensus of $3.1 billion.
"Our strategy continues to deliver results with double-digit growth in North America local billings and our highest quarter for customer acquisition in over three years,” said Groupon CEO Rich Williams. “We are looking forward to a strong finish to the year and further progress on our mission to make Groupon a daily habit for consumers.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Groupon (GRPN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Culp, Inc. (CFI) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Up 16%; Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!