Gray Television (GTN) Misses Q3 EPS by 13c
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Gray Television (NYSE: GTN) reported Q3 EPS of $0.26, $0.13 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.39. Revenue for the quarter came in at $204.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $220.35 million.
Hilton H. Howell, Jr., Gray's Chairman and CEO, commented, "This year's political election season presented extra-ordinary challenges from the top of the ticket to the bottom, especially after mid-September. These challenges created a 'perfect storm' for our political revenue. Earlier this year, a large number of races were expected to be highly competitive and political fundraising appeared to be highly encouraging through the summer. However, actual spending by candidates, political parties and third-parties fell far short of expectations, especially in Gray's markets."
Mr. Howell continued, "The political uncertainty also appears to have led to significant economic uncertainty and created new headwinds for our core business that we hope will dissipate as the results of today's elections are announced tonight. In any event, the political revenue results and uncertain macro environment make it more likely that Gray will place the highest priority on debt repayment over the next four to five quarters."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Gray Television (GTN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Schlumberger Ltd. (SLB) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Rockwell Collins (COL) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!