GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Reports Q3 EPS of GBP0.32
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK) reported Q3 EPS of GBP0.32, versus GBP0.23 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at GBP7.54 billion, versus GBP6.13 billion reported last year.
New product sales ¢G1.21 billion +79% (Q1 2016: ¢G821 million; Q2 2016: ¢G1.05 billion) driven by HIV (Tivicay, Triumeq), Respiratory (Relvar/Breo, Anoro, Incruse, Nucala) and Meningitis vaccines (Bexsero, Menveo)
- New Pharmaceutical product sales represent 25% of total Pharmaceutical sales (Q3 2015: 14%)
Improved operating leverage driven by sales growth, delivery of restructuring and integration benefits and continued tight control of costs including targeted reinvestments
- Q3 Group core operating profit margin 30.7% (Q3 2015: 28%)
- Incremental cost savings of ¢G0.2 billion in Q3 2016, with total annual cost savings now at ¢G2.5 billion and on track to deliver target of ¢G3 billion in total
Q3 total earnings per share 16.6p, -1% CER, impacted by charges resulting from increases in valuations of Consumer Healthcare and HIV businesses
Q3 core earnings per share 32p, +12% CER
Continue to expect 2016 core EPS percentage growth to be 11-12% CER
- If FX rates held at Q3 period end levels, estimated impact of +21% on 2016 Sterling core EPS growth
Q3 net cash inflow from operations of ¢G1.8 billion (Q3 2015: ¢G0.5 billion)
19p dividend declared for Q3. Continue to expect 80p for FY 2016 and 2017
Sustained delivery in R&D pipeline:
- H2 2016 filings: Shingrix filed in US and on track to be filed in EU in Q4; Closed Triple for COPD on track to be filed in US and EU in Q4; Benlysta subcutaneous for lupus and sirukumab for RA both filed in US and EU
- Veramyst Rx to OTC switch approved by FDA (expected launch Q1 2017)
- Phase III trials started for two-drug regimen in HIV (dolutegravir and lamivudine) in Q3; four Phase III trial starts for assets in HIV, respiratory and anaemia expected in Q4
- Key data points expected on between 20-30 potential assets by end 2018
For earnings history and earnings-related data on GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tailored Brands (TLRD) Tops Q3 EPS by 13c
- Hooker Furniture (HOFT) Tops Q3 EPS by 10c
- United Natural Foods (UNFI) Misses Q1 EPS by 4c, Reaffirms FY Guiance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!