GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Reports Q3 EPS of GBP0.32
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK) reported Q3 EPS of GBP0.32, versus GBP0.23 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at GBP7.54 billion, versus GBP6.13 billion reported last year.
New product sales ¢G1.21 billion +79% (Q1 2016: ¢G821 million; Q2 2016: ¢G1.05 billion) driven by HIV (Tivicay, Triumeq), Respiratory (Relvar/Breo, Anoro, Incruse, Nucala) and Meningitis vaccines (Bexsero, Menveo)
- New Pharmaceutical product sales represent 25% of total Pharmaceutical sales (Q3 2015: 14%)
Improved operating leverage driven by sales growth, delivery of restructuring and integration benefits and continued tight control of costs including targeted reinvestments
- Q3 Group core operating profit margin 30.7% (Q3 2015: 28%)
- Incremental cost savings of ¢G0.2 billion in Q3 2016, with total annual cost savings now at ¢G2.5 billion and on track to deliver target of ¢G3 billion in total
Q3 total earnings per share 16.6p, -1% CER, impacted by charges resulting from increases in valuations of Consumer Healthcare and HIV businesses
Q3 core earnings per share 32p, +12% CER
Continue to expect 2016 core EPS percentage growth to be 11-12% CER
- If FX rates held at Q3 period end levels, estimated impact of +21% on 2016 Sterling core EPS growth
Q3 net cash inflow from operations of ¢G1.8 billion (Q3 2015: ¢G0.5 billion)
19p dividend declared for Q3. Continue to expect 80p for FY 2016 and 2017
Sustained delivery in R&D pipeline:
- H2 2016 filings: Shingrix filed in US and on track to be filed in EU in Q4; Closed Triple for COPD on track to be filed in US and EU in Q4; Benlysta subcutaneous for lupus and sirukumab for RA both filed in US and EU
- Veramyst Rx to OTC switch approved by FDA (expected launch Q1 2017)
- Phase III trials started for two-drug regimen in HIV (dolutegravir and lamivudine) in Q3; four Phase III trial starts for assets in HIV, respiratory and anaemia expected in Q4
- Key data points expected on between 20-30 potential assets by end 2018
For earnings history and earnings-related data on GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- Synchrony Financial (SYF) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!