General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - October 21, 2016 6:36 AM EDT)
General Electric (NYSE: GE) reported Q3 industrial and operating verticals EPS of $0.32, versus the analyst estimate of $0.30. Revenue for the quarter came in at $29.3 billion versus the consensus estimate of $29.64 billion.
"Our strength as a diverse, Digital Industrial company continues to enable us to deliver in a slow growth, volatile
environment. This quarter, our teams earned $0.32* of earnings per share with strong performance in Power,
Renewable Energy, Aviation, and Healthcare." - CEO Jeff Immelt
GE also increased its stock repurchase program allotment by $4 billion.
• Received $1.9 billion contract for EDF Energy’s nuclear power project in the U.K.
• 10th consecutive quarter with HA turbine orders; 6 new HA turbine orders booked and 7 units shipped
• Completed majority of $250 million acquisition of Doosan Engineering & Construction’s Heat Recovery Steam Generator business
• Booked $636 million Merkur Offshore Wind project consisting of 66 GE Haliade 150 – 6MW turbines
• Received $404 million in orders to repower and upgrade U.S. turbines
• Completed with Deepwater Wind the installation of first U.S. offshore wind farm in Rhode Island, consisting of 5 GE Haliade 150 – 6MW turbines
• Announced $1.4 billion acquisitions of Arcam AB and SLM Solutions Group AG for additive manufacturing
• CFM LEAP engine entered service with Pegasus Airlines Airbus A320neo; 11,000+ engines on order
• Announced plans to invest €150 million for biopharmaceutical manufacturing in Ireland
• Announced 10-year agreement with Mission Health to increase efficiency and enhance patient care
• GE Healthcare acquired BioSafe Group SA to continue building out its cell therapy processing offering for customers
• Signed first-ever European digital pilot with Deutsche Bahn Cargo to use GE’s RailConnect™ 360 Asset Performance Management Solution to increase efficiency and predict maintenance
• Signed $133 million deal with Saudi Electric Company to provide 132 kV turnkey GIS projects
• $4.2 billion* of industrial enabled orders in 3Q
• GE Capital Aviation Services delivered first A320neo,
powered by CFM LEAP, to AirAsia
• Won contract with China Engineering Group to
repower Unit 4 of Bangladesh Ghorashal Power
Plant, adding 200MW
Current, powered by GE:
• Signed agreements with Intel and Qualcomm to develop sensor-based intelligent environments with smart lighting and Predix cloud connections
• $509 million digital thread productivity 3Q YTD; ahead of total year plan
• ~16K developers and 219 partners now using Predix; on track for 2016 goals
• Acquired Meridium, valued at $495 million, to deliver comprehensive APM solutions to customers
• Signed MoU with Saudi Technology Development & Investment Company to co-create digital industrial solutions using Predix to support the Kingdom in line with Saudi Vision 2030
General Electric sees FY2016 EPS of $1.48-$1.52, versus prior guidance of $1.45-$1.55 and the consensus of $1.50.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on General Electric (GE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
- IHS Markit (INFO) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides In-Line
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to Acquire SimpliVity for $650M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Management Comments, Stock Buybacks, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!