Gap, Inc. (GPS) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides FY16 EPS Below Views
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) reported Q2 EPS of $0.60, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.59. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.85 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.79 billion.
Second Quarter 2016 Comparable Sales Results
Gap Inc.’s comparable sales for the second quarter of fiscal year 2016 were down 2 percent versus a 2 percent decrease last year. Comparable sales by global brand for the second quarter were as follows:
- Gap Global: negative 3 percent versus negative 6 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: negative 9 percent versus negative 4 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: flat versus positive 3 percent last year
Gap, Inc. sees FY2016 EPS of $1.87-$1.92, versus the consensus of $1.96.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Gap, Inc. (GPS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finisar (FNSR) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Above the Street
- Lee Enterprises (LEE) Reports Q4 EPS of $0.14
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!