Gap, Inc. (GPS) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides FY16 EPS Below Views
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) reported Q2 EPS of $0.60, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.59. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.85 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.79 billion.
Second Quarter 2016 Comparable Sales Results
Gap Inc.’s comparable sales for the second quarter of fiscal year 2016 were down 2 percent versus a 2 percent decrease last year. Comparable sales by global brand for the second quarter were as follows:
- Gap Global: negative 3 percent versus negative 6 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: negative 9 percent versus negative 4 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: flat versus positive 3 percent last year
Gap, Inc. sees FY2016 EPS of $1.87-$1.92, versus the consensus of $1.96.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Gap, Inc. (GPS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Raises Outlook
- Twitter's (TWTR) 'Underweight' Rating Reiterated at Morgan Stanley
- Sierra Bancorp (BSRR) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!