Gap, Inc. (GPS) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides FY16 EPS Below Views
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) reported Q2 EPS of $0.60, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.59. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.85 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.79 billion.
Second Quarter 2016 Comparable Sales Results
Gap Inc.’s comparable sales for the second quarter of fiscal year 2016 were down 2 percent versus a 2 percent decrease last year. Comparable sales by global brand for the second quarter were as follows:
- Gap Global: negative 3 percent versus negative 6 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: negative 9 percent versus negative 4 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: flat versus positive 3 percent last year
Gap, Inc. sees FY2016 EPS of $1.87-$1.92, versus the consensus of $1.96.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Gap, Inc. (GPS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Tennant Co. (TNC) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Updates FY16 Outlook
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
- ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!