Gap, Inc. (GPS) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) reported Q3 EPS of $0.60, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.60. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.8 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.74 billion.
Gap Inc.’s comparable sales for the third quarter of fiscal year 2016 were down 3 percent, including an estimated negative impact from the Fishkill distribution center fire of approximately 2 percentage points, versus a 2 percent decrease last year.
“I’m pleased to see improved product across our brands, as well as areas of healthier merchandise margins, even against the backdrop of challenging traffic trends during the quarter,” said Art Peck, chief executive officer, Gap Inc.
“As we move into the holiday season, our teams are sharply focused on execution and delivering great experiences across the portfolio,” Peck continued. “Looking forward, we remain dedicated to utilizing our scale advantage in supply chain, as well as through knowledge sharing, in order to drive product innovation across brands and categories.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Gap, Inc. (GPS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- Vince Holding (VNCE) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Sales Miss; Guides FY Sales Below the Street
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!