Fred's (FRED) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c; Offers H216 Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Fred's (NASDAQ: FRED) reported Q2 EPS of ($0.18), $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.21). Revenue for the quarter came in at $529.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $536.43 million.
Comparable store sales for the second quarter declined 2.0% versus an increase of 0.9% in the second quarter last year, while comparable store sales for the first half of 2016 decreased 0.6% versus an increase of 0.7% in the prior-year period.
The Company provides the following guidance for the second half of 2016, all excluding any further impact from future expenses related to the 2015 data security incident:
- Based on recent sales trends and our near-term outlook, we expect changes in both total sales and comparable store sales to range from negative 1% to a positive 1% for the second half of the year.
- As we initiate additional competitive strategies, we may see a loss per diluted share for the second half of the year in the range of ($0.18) to ($0.23), with the third quarter loss deeper than the fourth quarter loss.
- In the second half of the year, adjusted EBITDA, which excludes the impact of LIFO, stock-based compensation and non-recurring items, if any, is expected to be in the range of $18 million to $21 million dollars versus an adjusted EBITDA of $34.3 million dollars in the prior-year 2nd half.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Fred's (FRED) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Christopher & Banks (CBK) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Q4 Revenue Outlook Light of Views
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c, Comps Fall 5%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!