Foot Locker (FL) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; GM Widened 4 bps
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Foot Locker (NYSE: FL) reported Q2 EPS of $0.94, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.90. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.78 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.76 billion.
Second quarter comparable-store sales increased 4.7 percent.
The Company's gross margin rate improved to 33.0 percent of sales from 32.6 percent a year ago, while the selling, general, and administrative expense rate increased to 19.7 percent of sales from 19.5 percent.
At July 30, 2016, the Company's merchandise inventories were $1,339 million, 1.7 percent higher than at the end of the second quarter last year. Using constant currencies, inventory increased 1.9 percent.
The Company's cash totaled $945 million, while the debt on its balance sheet was $129 million. The Company spent approximately $188 million to repurchase 3.35 million shares during the quarter and paid a quarterly dividend of $0.275, spending $37 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Foot Locker (FL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Comerica (CMA) Tops Q4 EPS by 12c
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!