Foot Locker (FL) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; GM Widened 4 bps
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Foot Locker (NYSE: FL) reported Q2 EPS of $0.94, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.90. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.78 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.76 billion.
Second quarter comparable-store sales increased 4.7 percent.
The Company's gross margin rate improved to 33.0 percent of sales from 32.6 percent a year ago, while the selling, general, and administrative expense rate increased to 19.7 percent of sales from 19.5 percent.
At July 30, 2016, the Company's merchandise inventories were $1,339 million, 1.7 percent higher than at the end of the second quarter last year. Using constant currencies, inventory increased 1.9 percent.
The Company's cash totaled $945 million, while the debt on its balance sheet was $129 million. The Company spent approximately $188 million to repurchase 3.35 million shares during the quarter and paid a quarterly dividend of $0.275, spending $37 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Foot Locker (FL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- TrustCo Bank (TRST) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS
- Netsuite (N) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!