Foot Locker, Inc. (FL) Tops Q2 EPS Expectations; Comps Rose 7%
- Rock-Tenn (RKT), MeadWestvaco (MWV) Enter $16B Merger Agreement
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 1/26: (HTBX) (OCN) (ATNM) Higher; (TEAR) (FENG) (STX) Lower
- Energy Transfer (ETP), Regency Energy (RGP) Enter $18B Merger Agreement
- Obama Administration to Adjust How Doctors, Hospitals Receive Medicare Reimbursement (CYH) (THC) (HCA)
- FXCM, Inc. (FXCM) Issues Update on Month-to-Date Retail Trading Volume, Deal with Leucadia (LUK)
Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL) reported Q2 adjusted EPS of $0.64, versus the analyst estimate of $0.54. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.64 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.57 billion.
Second quarter comparable-store sales increased 7.0 percent.
As of August 2, 2014, the Company's merchandise inventory was $1,335 million, 2.2 percent higher than at the end of the second quarter last year, while the Company's cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments totaled $957 million and the debt on its balance sheet was $137 million.
"The team at Foot Locker once again achieved record levels of sales and profits in the second quarter, and I am extremely proud of their efforts," said Ken C. Hicks, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer. "We delivered excellent financial and operational results through the outstanding execution of our strategic priorities. This continues to be a winning formula for us, and we remain committed to taking full advantage of the many opportunities we have identified --- over the near, intermediate, and longer terms --- to continue producing a consistent, strong performance."
During the second quarter, the Company repurchased approximately 1.33 million shares of its common stock for $66 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Foot Locker, Inc. (FL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) Upcoming Results All About Guidance and Company Could Deliver Big - Piper Jaffray
- Chesapeake Lodging Trust (CHSP) Guides FY15 AFFO, EPS; Updates on FY14 Expectations
- OSI Systems (OSIS) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; Updates FY15 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!