Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ: FITB) reported Q3 EPS of $0.43, ex-items, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.40.
“Our third quarter results were strong despite the tepid economic environment. Higher net interest income, stable underlying fee revenue, and lower expenses helped us achieve improved returns for our shareholders,” said Greg D. Carmichael, President and CEO of Fifth Third Bancorp.
“During the quarter, we executed on several initiatives which will help us continue to drive improved shareholder returns. While we continue to invest in areas like technology, we plan to improve our operating leverage through an ongoing review of expenses in all business units and staff functions and renegotiations of key vendor contracts. In September, we announced the plan to sell and consolidate certain bank branches which will generate additional operating efficiency.
“We remain focused on improving our profitability without relying on the expectation that economic conditions will improve. We recently launched Project North Star, which has aligned the entire organization toward reaching this objective. Through Project North Star, controlled expenses, opportunities to enhance fee revenue, and actions to optimize the balance sheet should help us achieve our long-term financial targets.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Culp, Inc. (CFI) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!