Fiesta Restauran (FRGI) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Fiesta Restauran (NASDAQ: FRGI) reported Q3 EPS of $0.30, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.31. Revenue for the quarter came in at $182.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $183.92 million.
- Comparable restaurant sales at Pollo Tropical decreased 1.0% and comparable guest traffic decreased 2.5%, including the impact of sales cannibalization that negatively impacted comparable guest traffic by approximately 1%;
- Comparable restaurant sales at Taco Cabana decreased 4.1% and comparable guest traffic decreased 3.5%
Based on current information, the Company is updating the following estimated operating targets for 2016:
- Comparable restaurant sales at Pollo Tropical are now expected to be between -2% to flat (from -1% to +1%) including the negative impact of weather and temporary store closures related to Hurricane Matthew during the first fiscal week of October;
- Capital expenditures are now expected to be $82 to $85 million (from $90 to $100 million); and
- Ten Company-owned Pollo Tropical restaurant closures.
The Company is reiterating the following estimated operating targets for 2016:
- Comparable restaurant sales decreases of -3% to -1% at Taco Cabana;
- Cost of sales improvement of approximately 180 basis points at Pollo Tropical and 100 basis points at Taco Cabana approximately, both as a percent of brand restaurant sales;
- General and administrative expenses of $54 to $57 million;
- Depreciation and amortization of $36 to $38 million;
- An effective tax rate of 36% to 37%; and
- Company-owned restaurant openings of 31 Pollo Tropical and four Taco Cabana restaurants of which 26 Pollo Tropical and two Taco Cabana restaurants have been opened through October 2, 2016.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Fiesta Restauran (FRGI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) Tops Q4 EPS by CAD$0.23
- Plexus Corp (PLXS) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Guides Relativly In-Line
- Credit Suisse Downgrades Himax Technologies (HIMX) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!