FedEx (FDX) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c; Guides FY17 EPS
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FedEx (NYSE: FDX) reported Q1 EPS of $2.90, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $2.81. Revenue for the quarter came in at $14.7 billion versus the consensus estimate of $14.61 billion.
During the quarter, the company incurred TNT Express integration and Outlook restructuring program costs of $68 million ($45 million, net of tax, or $0.17 per diluted share). In addition, the company incurred $28 million ($21 million, net of tax, or $0.08 per diluted share) of intangible asset amortization expense for TNT Express.
“The integration of TNT Express is proceeding smoothly, and the level of team members’ engagement is outstanding,” said Frederick W. Smith, FedEx Corp. chairman, president and chief executive officer. “Managing our operating companies as a portfolio of customer solutions helped FedEx achieve strong financial and operating results in the quarter, especially given the global economy’s continued low growth.”
FedEx is unable to forecast the fiscal 2017 year-end mark-to-market pension accounting adjustments. As a result, the company is unable to provide unadjusted earnings guidance. Adjusted earnings for fiscal 2017 are projected to be $10.85 to $11.35 per diluted share before year-end mark-to-market pension accounting adjustments. This forecast includes TNT Express results and assumes moderate economic growth. Excluding TNT Express-related integration and Outlook restructuring program costs and TNT Express intangible asset amortization, FedEx forecasts fiscal 2017 earnings of $11.85 to $12.35 per diluted share. The capital spending forecast for the fiscal year, which includes TNT Express, remains $5.6 billion.
*** Note: The Street is looking for FY17 EPS of $11.97.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on FedEx (FDX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finish Line (FINL) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Comps Outpace
- Trading Radar for 9/26: Carnival Corp (CCL), Rosetta Genomics (ROSG), Thor (THO), Vail Resorts (MTN) Report
- CVB Financial (CVBF), Commerce Bancorp Enter $57.5M Merger Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!