FedEx (FDX) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c; Guides FY17 EPS
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FedEx (NYSE: FDX) reported Q1 EPS of $2.90, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $2.81. Revenue for the quarter came in at $14.7 billion versus the consensus estimate of $14.61 billion.
During the quarter, the company incurred TNT Express integration and Outlook restructuring program costs of $68 million ($45 million, net of tax, or $0.17 per diluted share). In addition, the company incurred $28 million ($21 million, net of tax, or $0.08 per diluted share) of intangible asset amortization expense for TNT Express.
“The integration of TNT Express is proceeding smoothly, and the level of team members’ engagement is outstanding,” said Frederick W. Smith, FedEx Corp. chairman, president and chief executive officer. “Managing our operating companies as a portfolio of customer solutions helped FedEx achieve strong financial and operating results in the quarter, especially given the global economy’s continued low growth.”
FedEx is unable to forecast the fiscal 2017 year-end mark-to-market pension accounting adjustments. As a result, the company is unable to provide unadjusted earnings guidance. Adjusted earnings for fiscal 2017 are projected to be $10.85 to $11.35 per diluted share before year-end mark-to-market pension accounting adjustments. This forecast includes TNT Express results and assumes moderate economic growth. Excluding TNT Express-related integration and Outlook restructuring program costs and TNT Express intangible asset amortization, FedEx forecasts fiscal 2017 earnings of $11.85 to $12.35 per diluted share. The capital spending forecast for the fiscal year, which includes TNT Express, remains $5.6 billion.
*** Note: The Street is looking for FY17 EPS of $11.97.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on FedEx (FDX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Express (EXPR) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Comps Outpaced; FY16 EPS Outlook Below Views
- Christopher & Banks (CBK) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Q4 Revenue Outlook Light of Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!