Fairchild Semiconductor (FCS) Misses Q2 EPS by 4c
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Fairchild Semiconductor (NASDAQ: FCS) reported Q2 EPS of $0.13, $0.04 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.17. Revenue for the quarter came in at $350 million versus the consensus estimate of $338.7 million.
Pending Acquisition Update
- As previously announced on November 18, 2015, Fairchild entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger with ON Semiconductor, under which a wholly owned subsidiary of ON Semiconductor agreed to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Fairchild common stock for $20.00 per share in cash.
- As previously disclosed, Fairchild expects ON Semiconductor will dispose of its ignition IGBT business (which had 2015 revenues of less than $25 million) in order to satisfy remaining regulatory concerns.
- Fairchild and ON Semiconductor continue to work cooperatively and expeditiously to obtain remaining required regulatory approvals from the U.S. and China in connection with the transaction, which is expected to close around the end of August.
Given the current acquisition process, Fairchild has discontinued its practice of providing detailed forward guidance and conducting an earnings conference call to discuss its financial results.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Fairchild Semiconductor (FCS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Crown Castle (CCI) Misses Q3 AFFO by 2c, Revenues Beats
- FCB Financial Holdings (FCB) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
- Supreme Industries (STS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!