Fairchild Semiconductor (FCS) Misses Q2 EPS by 4c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Fairchild Semiconductor (NASDAQ: FCS) reported Q2 EPS of $0.13, $0.04 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.17. Revenue for the quarter came in at $350 million versus the consensus estimate of $338.7 million.
Pending Acquisition Update
- As previously announced on November 18, 2015, Fairchild entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger with ON Semiconductor, under which a wholly owned subsidiary of ON Semiconductor agreed to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Fairchild common stock for $20.00 per share in cash.
- As previously disclosed, Fairchild expects ON Semiconductor will dispose of its ignition IGBT business (which had 2015 revenues of less than $25 million) in order to satisfy remaining regulatory concerns.
- Fairchild and ON Semiconductor continue to work cooperatively and expeditiously to obtain remaining required regulatory approvals from the U.S. and China in connection with the transaction, which is expected to close around the end of August.
Given the current acquisition process, Fairchild has discontinued its practice of providing detailed forward guidance and conducting an earnings conference call to discuss its financial results.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Fairchild Semiconductor (FCS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- TETRA Technologies, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Upsized Public Offering Of Common Stock And Warrants
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!