Facebook (FB) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c; Mobile DAUs Up 22%
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - November 2, 2016 4:08 PM EDT)
Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) reported Q3 EPS of $1.09, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $0.97. Revenue for the quarter came rose 56% to $7.011 billion versus the consensus estimate of $6.92 billion.
"We had another good quarter," said Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO. "We're making progress putting video first across our apps and executing our 10 year technology roadmap."
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.18 billion on average for September 2016, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs – Mobile DAUs were 1.09 billion on average for September 2016, an increase of 22% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 1.79 billion as of September 30, 2016, an increase of 16% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs – Mobile MAUs were 1.66 billion as of September 30, 2016, an increase of 20% year-over-year.
Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 84% of advertising revenue for the third quarter of 2016, up from approximately 78% of advertising revenue in the third quarter of 2015.
Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures for the third quarter of 2016 were $1.10 billion.
Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $26.14 billion at the end of the third quarter of 2016.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Facebook (FB) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Vail Resorts (MTN) Misses Q1 EPS by 13c
- Finisar (FNSR) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Above the Street
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Mark Zuckerberg
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!