Facebook (FB) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c; Mobile DAUs Up 22%
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 2, 2016 4:08 PM EDT)
Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) reported Q3 EPS of $1.09, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $0.97. Revenue for the quarter came rose 56% to $7.011 billion versus the consensus estimate of $6.92 billion.
"We had another good quarter," said Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO. "We're making progress putting video first across our apps and executing our 10 year technology roadmap."
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.18 billion on average for September 2016, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs – Mobile DAUs were 1.09 billion on average for September 2016, an increase of 22% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 1.79 billion as of September 30, 2016, an increase of 16% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs – Mobile MAUs were 1.66 billion as of September 30, 2016, an increase of 20% year-over-year.
Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 84% of advertising revenue for the third quarter of 2016, up from approximately 78% of advertising revenue in the third quarter of 2015.
Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures for the third quarter of 2016 were $1.10 billion.
Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $26.14 billion at the end of the third quarter of 2016.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Facebook (FB) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 3Q
- Volatility and Volume movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Mark Zuckerberg
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!