Dollar General (DG) Misses Q2 EPS by 1c; Approves $1B Common Stock Buyback Program
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) reported Q2 EPS of $1.08, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.09. Revenue for the quarter came in at $5.39 billion versus the consensus estimate of $5.5 billion.
Same-store sales increases were driven by positive results in the consumables category accompanied by results in the seasonal category that were flat when compared to the 2015 second quarter, offset by negative results in the apparel and home categories. The net sales increase was also positively affected by sales from new stores, modestly offset by sales from closed stores.
On August 24, 2016, the Board of Directors authorized an additional $1.0 billion for share repurchases, increasing the total authorization for future repurchases to approximately $1.4 billion. The authorization has no expiration date.
Dollar General reaffirmed FY2016 guidance.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Dollar General (DG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Crown Castle (CCI) Misses Q3 AFFO by 2c, Revenues Beats
- National Bank Holdings (NBHC) Tops Q3 EPS by 9c, Raises Dividend
- Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!