Dollar General (DG) Misses Q2 EPS by 1c; Approves $1B Common Stock Buyback Program
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) reported Q2 EPS of $1.08, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.09. Revenue for the quarter came in at $5.39 billion versus the consensus estimate of $5.5 billion.
Same-store sales increases were driven by positive results in the consumables category accompanied by results in the seasonal category that were flat when compared to the 2015 second quarter, offset by negative results in the apparel and home categories. The net sales increase was also positively affected by sales from new stores, modestly offset by sales from closed stores.
On August 24, 2016, the Board of Directors authorized an additional $1.0 billion for share repurchases, increasing the total authorization for future repurchases to approximately $1.4 billion. The authorization has no expiration date.
Dollar General reaffirmed FY2016 guidance.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Dollar General (DG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Cooper Cos. (COO) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Offers FY17 Guidance
- Xactly Corporation (XTLY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!