Disney (DIS) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 9, 2016 4:18 PM EDT)
Disney (NYSE: DIS) reported Q3 EPS of $1.62, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $1.61. Revenue for the quarter came in at $14.28 billion versus the consensus estimate of $14.15 billion.
“Disney delivered another quarter of double-digit EPS growth, and we are thrilled with our continued performance,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “Our results are evidence that our asset mix is strong, as is our ability to execute in ways that enhance the Disney brand and create value for our shareholders while we invest for future growth.”
The following table summarizes the third quarter and nine-month segment operating results for fiscal 2016 and 2015 (in millions):
|Quarter Ended||Nine Months Ended|
|July 2,2016||June 27,2015||Change||July 2,2016||June 27,2015||Change|
|Parks and Resorts||4,379||4,131||6||%||12,588||11,801||7||%|
|Consumer Products &|
|Segment operating income:|
|Parks and Resorts||994||922||8||%||2,599||2,293||13||%|
|Consumer Products &|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Disney (DIS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Barnes & Noble Education (BNED) Misses Q2 EPS by 15c; Comps Fell 2.9%
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!