Discovery Communications (DISCA) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA) reported Q3 EPS of $0.40, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.41. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.56 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.57 billion.
"While we faced challenging but expected headwinds this quarter, Discovery is well positioned for long-term growth driven by our well-defined global brands, differentiated content and favorable distribution agreements," said David Zaslav, President and CEO, Discovery Communications. "We have continued to strengthen and maximize our traditional pay-TV offering with robust new programming while aggressively exploiting new opportunities to leverage our content across numerous digital platforms around the world. Amid an ever shifting global media ecosystem, Discovery is evolving to reach more consumers on more screens and platforms than ever before."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Discovery Communications (DISCA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Tops Q4 EPS by 26c
- ADTRAN, Inc. (ADTN) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c
- Fastenal (FAST) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!