Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Raises Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS) reported Q3 EPS of $0.48, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.42. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.87 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.77 billion.
Net sales for the third quarter of 2016 increased 10.2% to approximately $1.8 billion. Consolidated same store sales increased 5.2%, compared to the Company's guidance of an approximate 2 to 3% increase. Same store sales for DICK'S Sporting Goods increased 5.5%, while Golf Galaxy decreased 3.3%. Third quarter 2015 consolidated same store sales increased 0.4%.
"We are very pleased with our third quarter results, which were driven by a 5.2% comp sales increase and gross margin expansion. We realized meaningful market share gains and saw growth across each of our three primary categories of hardlines, apparel and footwear, while maintaining tight control of our inventory," said Edward W. Stack, Chairman and CEO. "Looking ahead, we believe our assortment and marketing will help us to continue to capture displaced market share this holiday."
Dick's Sporting Goods sees FY2016 EPS of $2.99-$3.11, versus the consensus of $3.05.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Updates on Enterprise Strategy; Guides FY17 EPS Inline
- Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!