Depomed (DEPO) Misses Q3 EPS by 7c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Depomed (NASDAQ: DEPO) reported Q3 EPS of $0.28, $0.07 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.35. Revenue for the quarter came in at $111 million versus the consensus estimate of $127.22 million.
“Although our third quarter revenues increased by 5% over the previous year’s quarter, they did not meet our expectations, as several factors, including a disconnect between prescription demand and wholesaler shipments, influenced net sales of the NUCYNTA franchise and Gralise. Prescriptions for NUCYNTA ER grew 4% over the second quarter, while shipments to wholesalers were down 1%. Prescriptions for NUCYNTA and Gralise were equal to the second quarter, however, shipments were down 6% and 12%, respectively,” said Jim Schoeneck, President and CEO of Depomed. “In addition, we made adjustments to our reserve accounts, including managed care and PBM rebate submissions from prior quarters, which impacted our product net sales.”
Continued Mr. Schoeneck, “For the rest of 2016 and beyond, we are fully committed to continuing the successful relaunch of our Nucynta franchise and building prescription demand for our products. For the third quarter, NUCYNTA ER reached all time high monthly market share and total prescriptions, with year-over-year prescription growth of approximately 20%. In addition, the rest of our portfolio achieved revenues of $45 million, an increase of 13% year-over-year. Finally, Depomed’s recent NUCYNTA ANDA patent litigation win marked a major milestone for the company, giving us more than 9 years to continue to grow the NUCYNTA franchise, with exclusivity established until December 2025.”
- Favorable District Court ruling in the company's patent litigation against all three filers of Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs) of the NUCYNTA franchise with expected market exclusivity until December 2025
- Settlement agreement reached with Starboard Value LP including the addition of three independent directors, James P. Fogarty, Robert G. Savage and James L. Tyree, to Depomed’s Board of Directors
- Introduction of a new aspartame-free formulation of CAMBIA® (diclofenac potassium for oral solution)
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Depomed (DEPO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
- Ferrellgas Partners (FGP) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c