Depomed (DEPO) Misses Q3 EPS by 7c
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Depomed (NASDAQ: DEPO) reported Q3 EPS of $0.28, $0.07 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.35. Revenue for the quarter came in at $111 million versus the consensus estimate of $127.22 million.
“Although our third quarter revenues increased by 5% over the previous year’s quarter, they did not meet our expectations, as several factors, including a disconnect between prescription demand and wholesaler shipments, influenced net sales of the NUCYNTA franchise and Gralise. Prescriptions for NUCYNTA ER grew 4% over the second quarter, while shipments to wholesalers were down 1%. Prescriptions for NUCYNTA and Gralise were equal to the second quarter, however, shipments were down 6% and 12%, respectively,” said Jim Schoeneck, President and CEO of Depomed. “In addition, we made adjustments to our reserve accounts, including managed care and PBM rebate submissions from prior quarters, which impacted our product net sales.”
Continued Mr. Schoeneck, “For the rest of 2016 and beyond, we are fully committed to continuing the successful relaunch of our Nucynta franchise and building prescription demand for our products. For the third quarter, NUCYNTA ER reached all time high monthly market share and total prescriptions, with year-over-year prescription growth of approximately 20%. In addition, the rest of our portfolio achieved revenues of $45 million, an increase of 13% year-over-year. Finally, Depomed’s recent NUCYNTA ANDA patent litigation win marked a major milestone for the company, giving us more than 9 years to continue to grow the NUCYNTA franchise, with exclusivity established until December 2025.”
- Favorable District Court ruling in the company's patent litigation against all three filers of Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs) of the NUCYNTA franchise with expected market exclusivity until December 2025
- Settlement agreement reached with Starboard Value LP including the addition of three independent directors, James P. Fogarty, Robert G. Savage and James L. Tyree, to Depomed’s Board of Directors
- Introduction of a new aspartame-free formulation of CAMBIA® (diclofenac potassium for oral solution)
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Depomed (DEPO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
- Rockwell Collins (COL) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Starboard Value
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!