DeVry Education Group (DV) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
DeVry Education Group (NYSE: DV) reported Q4 EPS of $0.65, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.60. Revenue for the quarter came in at $471.7 million versus the consensus estimate of $461.9 million.
Medical and Healthcare and International and Professional Education revenue grew 8.9 percent and 15.5 percent respectively, while Business, Technology and Management revenue decreased 23.0 percent
DeVry Group Outlook
First quarter revenue is expected to increase 1 to 2 percent versus the prior year. First quarter operating costs before special items are expected to increase less than a percent versus the prior year.
For the full year, revenue is expected to be flat compared to the prior year and earnings before special items to grow in the mid-single digits as compared to the prior year. Full year capital spending is expected to be in the $80 million range. The effective income tax rate for the fiscal year is expected to be approximately 23 percent, before special items.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on DeVry Education Group (DV) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Offers Guidance
- Standpoint Research Downgrades DeVry (DV) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!