DeVry Education Group (DV) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
DeVry Education Group (NYSE: ) reported Q1 EPS of $0.39, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.41. Revenue for the quarter came in at $450 million versus the consensus estimate of $443.62 million.
“We are off to a solid start to fiscal 2017, as evidenced by our improved first quarter results and the notable progress we are making in executing against our four strategic priorities,” said Lisa Wardell, president and CEO of DeVry Education Group. “We are benefiting from the actions we’ve taken to reduce costs, while further diversifying our revenue profile across a number of attractive and growing sectors spanning healthcare, international and professional education. These sectors now account for over 90 percent of our operating income.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on DeVry Education Group (DV) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!