Darden Restaurants (DRI) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c; Boosts FY17 EPS Outlook; $500M Stock Buyback Approved
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Darden Restaurants (NYSE: DRI) reported Q1 EPS of $0.88, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.82. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.71 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.72 billion.
Same-restaurant sales increased 1.3% for the quarter.
Stock Buyback News:
During the quarter, the Company repurchased approximately 3.2 million shares of its common stock for a total cost of approximately $196 million. An additional $4 million in shares were repurchased subsequent to the close of the first quarter, for a total of $200 million in shares repurchased year-to-date. In addition, Darden's Board of Directors authorized a new share repurchase program under which the Company may repurchase up to $500 million of its outstanding common stock. This repurchase program does not have an expiration and replaces the previously existing share repurchase authorization.
Darden Restaurants sees FY2017 EPS of $3.87-$3.97, versus prior guidance of $3.80-$3.90.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Darden Restaurants (DRI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- Regions Financial (RF) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Expect Facebook (FB) To Show Strong Q4 Report, Monitor For Guidance On Expenses - Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!