DSW, Inc. (DSW) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Lifts Outlook
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
DSW, Inc. (NYSE: DSW) reported Q3 EPS of $0.51, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.48. Revenue for the quarter came in at $697 million versus the consensus estimate of $711.6 million.
Comparable sales decreased by 2.0% compared to last year's decrease of 3.9%
DSW, Inc. lifts FY2016 EPS to $1.35-$1.45, versus the consensus of $1.39.
Roger Rawlins, Chief Executive Officer of DSW Inc. stated, "This quarter reflects the first step in our return to year over year earnings growth. After four consecutive declines, we reported a 16% increase in Adjusted Earnings Per Share this quarter. Tighter inventory management drove improvements in gross margin which, combined with effective expense management, resulted in an increase in net income. We've reduced clearance markdowns and we are positioned to generate more profitable sales in the holiday season."
Mr. Rawlins added, "Looking ahead, we remain steadfast in delivering consistent execution as we drive shareholder returns and capture market share in the long term."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on DSW, Inc. (DSW) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!