DSW, Inc. (DSW) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Lifts Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
DSW, Inc. (NYSE: DSW) reported Q3 EPS of $0.51, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.48. Revenue for the quarter came in at $697 million versus the consensus estimate of $711.6 million.
Comparable sales decreased by 2.0% compared to last year's decrease of 3.9%
DSW, Inc. lifts FY2016 EPS to $1.35-$1.45, versus the consensus of $1.39.
Roger Rawlins, Chief Executive Officer of DSW Inc. stated, "This quarter reflects the first step in our return to year over year earnings growth. After four consecutive declines, we reported a 16% increase in Adjusted Earnings Per Share this quarter. Tighter inventory management drove improvements in gross margin which, combined with effective expense management, resulted in an increase in net income. We've reduced clearance markdowns and we are positioned to generate more profitable sales in the holiday season."
Mr. Rawlins added, "Looking ahead, we remain steadfast in delivering consistent execution as we drive shareholder returns and capture market share in the long term."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on DSW, Inc. (DSW) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c, Comps Fall 5%
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Up 16%; Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!