Cummins, Inc. (CMI) Tops Q1 EPS by 15c; Sales Beat
- Oil dips on firm dollar, ahead of OPEC meeting
- Amazon releases video showcasing unmanned delivery drones
- Piper Jaffray Positive on Fitbit (FIT) Following Strong Weekend and Into Meetings This Week
- Wall St ends flat; Disney, retailers dip on sales worries
- Why Martin Shkreli ONLY Cares About KaloBios Pharma's (KBIO) Stock Price
Cummins, Inc. (NYSE: CMI) reported Q1 EPS of $1.83, $0.15 better than the analyst estimate of $1.68. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.4 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.17 billion.
"We delivered good incremental margins in the first quarter as demand in on-highway markets in North America improved. We are also well on track to deliver the expected benefits from our North American distributor acquisitions as we execute our plans and end market demand improves. Conditions in a number of international markets remain very weak, particularly in India and Australia, leading to lower demand for power generation and mining equipment," said Chairman and CEO Tom Linebarger. "We continue to release exciting new products that will drive future profitable growth and we repurchased 3 million shares in the first quarter, consistent with our commitment to return 50 percent of full year operating cash flow to shareholders through a combination of dividends and share repurchase."
Based on the current forecast, Cummins expects full year 2014 revenues to grow between 6% and 10%, up from its previous forecast of growth of between 4% and 8%, due largely to improving demand in North America. EBIT is expected to be in the range of 12.75 to 13.25 percent of sales.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Cummins, Inc. (CMI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Höegh LNG Partners (HMLP) Announces Restatement of Certain Financials
- Abengoa Yield (ABY) Appoints New Managing Director; Will Retain Current Business Model
- Trading Radar for 11/30: Shoe Carnival (SCVL), NQ Mobile (NQ), Infoblox (BLOX), uniQure (QURE) Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!