Corning (GLW) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Corning (NYSE: GLW) reported Q3 EPS of $0.42, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.38. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.51 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.52 billion.
"Corning's strong third-quarter results reflect the increasing momentum that we expected in the second half of this year. Sales and gross margins increased in every business segment year over year. We also grew the company's sales, core earnings and core EPS both sequentially and year over year," Wendell P. Weeks, chairman, chief executive officer, and president, said. "Our operating results and progress on key growth initiatives continue to reinforce our confidence in Corning's strategy."
"Third-quarter core earnings grew by 16% versus last year excluding core equity earnings from the former Dow Corning Corporation's silicones business, which no longer contribute to our results. Even without this adjustment, core earnings were 4% higher. We are very pleased by this strength and expect continued year-over-year core sales, core earnings, and core EPS growth in the fourth quarter," R. Tony Tripeny, senior vice president and chief financial officer, added.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Corning (GLW) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!