Corning (GLW) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Corning (NYSE: GLW) reported Q3 EPS of $0.42, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.38. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.51 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.52 billion.
"Corning's strong third-quarter results reflect the increasing momentum that we expected in the second half of this year. Sales and gross margins increased in every business segment year over year. We also grew the company's sales, core earnings and core EPS both sequentially and year over year," Wendell P. Weeks, chairman, chief executive officer, and president, said. "Our operating results and progress on key growth initiatives continue to reinforce our confidence in Corning's strategy."
"Third-quarter core earnings grew by 16% versus last year excluding core equity earnings from the former Dow Corning Corporation's silicones business, which no longer contribute to our results. Even without this adjustment, core earnings were 4% higher. We are very pleased by this strength and expect continued year-over-year core sales, core earnings, and core EPS growth in the fourth quarter," R. Tony Tripeny, senior vice president and chief financial officer, added.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Corning (GLW) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corning (GLW): Asahi's Preannouncement Bodes Well for Corning - Susquehanna
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
- Regions Financial (RF) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!