Comerica (CMA) Tops Q3 EPS by 10c
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Comerica (NYSE: CMA) reported Q3 EPS of $0.84, $0.10 better than the analyst estimate of $0.74.
"On our last earnings call, we announced that we had identified more than 20 work streams in our GEAR Up initiative that are expected to drive a significant improvement in our bottom line. At that time, we also indicated there was more to come, as we were still identifying and analyzing opportunities. We have determined that those new opportunities add about $40 million to our initial financial target. As a result, we are now expecting to drive at least $270 million in additional pre-tax income for full-year 2018," said Ralph W. Babb, Jr., chairman and chief executive officer. "These actions, which we have already begun to execute with urgency, take us a long way towards achieving a double-digit return on equity. We expect to meet or exceed this goal with sustained growth, net of investment, normal credit costs, continued equity buybacks, and assuming only a 25 to 50 basis point increase in rates. We are not relying on a significantly better economic environment or a substantial increase in rates to reach our goal. We remain confident that as we deliver on this initiative, we will create greater shareholder value."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Comerica (CMA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Weingarten Realty Investors (WRI) Reports In-Line 3Q
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c
- Oceaneering (OII) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!