Comerica (CMA) Tops Q3 EPS by 10c
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Comerica (NYSE: CMA) reported Q3 EPS of $0.84, $0.10 better than the analyst estimate of $0.74.
"On our last earnings call, we announced that we had identified more than 20 work streams in our GEAR Up initiative that are expected to drive a significant improvement in our bottom line. At that time, we also indicated there was more to come, as we were still identifying and analyzing opportunities. We have determined that those new opportunities add about $40 million to our initial financial target. As a result, we are now expecting to drive at least $270 million in additional pre-tax income for full-year 2018," said Ralph W. Babb, Jr., chairman and chief executive officer. "These actions, which we have already begun to execute with urgency, take us a long way towards achieving a double-digit return on equity. We expect to meet or exceed this goal with sustained growth, net of investment, normal credit costs, continued equity buybacks, and assuming only a 25 to 50 basis point increase in rates. We are not relying on a significantly better economic environment or a substantial increase in rates to reach our goal. We remain confident that as we deliver on this initiative, we will create greater shareholder value."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Comerica (CMA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Upgrades Essex Property Trust (ESS) to Overweight
- Synchrony Financial (SYF) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
- Expect Facebook (FB) To Show Strong Q4 Report, Monitor For Guidance On Expenses - Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!