Comcast (CMCSA) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c, Sales Beat
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) reported Q3 EPS of $0.92, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.91. Revenue for the quarter came in at $21.32 billion versus the consensus estimate of $21.16 billion.
Cable Communications 3rd Quarter 2016 Highlights:
- Cable Communications Revenue Increased 6.9% and Operating Cash Flow Increased 5.5%
- Customer Relationships Increased by 216,000, a 60,000 Improvement from the Third Quarter of 2015
- Total Revenue per Customer Relationship Increased 3.6%
- Video Customers Increased by 32,000, the Best Third Quarter Result in 10 Years; Nearly 45% of Residential Video Customers Now Have X1
- High-Speed Internet Customers Increased by 330,000, the Best Third Quarter Result in 7 Years
- Business Services Revenue Increased 15.5%
NBCUniversal 3rd Quarter 2016 Highlights:
- NBCUniversal Revenue Increased 28.3% and Operating Cash Flow Increased 31.5%
- Broadcast Operating Cash Flow More than Doubled, Driven by the Highly Successful 2016 Rio Olympics, Retransmission and Advertising Revenue
- NBC Ranked #1 in Primetime Among Adults 18-49 for the 2015-2016 Season for the Third Straight Year
- Theme Parks Operating Cash Flow Increased 62.4%, Primarily Reflecting the Inclusion of Universal Studios Japan, as well as the Continued Success of The Wizarding World of Harry PotterTM in Hollywood
Brian L. Roberts, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Comcast Corporation, said, “I’m pleased to report that our businesses generated double-digit revenue and operating cash flow growth for the third quarter of 2016. Cable delivered solid operating cash flow growth coupled with great customer metrics, and has now added 170,000 video subscribers over the past twelve months. The Rio Olympics were the most profitable and successful games in our history, and demonstrated our ability to deliver an unparalleled entertainment experience through NBCUniversal together with Comcast Cable and the X1 platform. NBCUniversal reported operating cash flow growth of over 30%, benefitting from the Olympics, continued growth at our Theme Parks, and the theatrical success of The Secret Life of Pets this quarter. I’m proud of our consistent execution and excited about the opportunities ahead for Comcast NBCUniversal.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Comcast (CMCSA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: HSBC Starts Comcast Corp (CMCSA) at Buy
- Synchrony Financial (SYF) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!