Clorox (CLX) Misses Q1 EPS by 6c; Reaffirms Guidance
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Clorox (NYSE: CLX) reported Q1 EPS of $1.36, $0.06 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.42. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.44 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.43 billion.
Clorox maintains sees FY2017 excluding ASU EPS of $5.13-$5.28, versus the consensus of $5.48.
"I'm very pleased about our solid start to the fiscal year, as investments behind our 2020 Strategy, including product innovation, resulted in continued strong topline growth," said Chairman and CEO Benno Dorer. "Notably, we grew volume in all U.S. and International segments. We also delivered these results on top of strong topline growth in the year-ago quarter."
"As we look to the remainder of the fiscal year, I feel good about the health of our core business and am confident in the strategic plans we have in place in the face of a challenging macro-economic environment," continued Dorer.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Clorox (CLX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Boston Scientific (BSX) Accquires Certain Assets, 15% Equity Stake in of Neovasc (NVCN) for $75M
- Smith & Wesson (SWHC) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Q3 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!