Chuy's Holdings (CHUY) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Chuy's Holdings (NASDAQ: CHUY) reported Q3 EPS of $0.29, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.28. Revenue for the quarter came in at $85.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $86.52 million. Comparable restaurant sales increased 0.3% as compared to the same period in 2015.
Steve Hislop, President and Chief Executive Officer of Chuy’s Holdings, Inc. stated, “Despite a challenging external environment, our third quarter results included double-digit increases in revenue and diluted net income per share. We were also pleased to continue our consecutive streak of comparable sales growth to 25 quarters despite lapping a strong increase of 4.2% in the prior year. We opened three new Chuy’s restaurants during the third quarter and opened one additional restaurant early in the fourth quarter. With 10 restaurants open year-to-date, we are on pace to reach our goal of opening 12 new restaurants for 2016.”
The Company has reiterated its fiscal year 2016 guidance and expects its adjusted diluted net income per share to range from $1.05 to $1.08. The adjusted diluted net income per share guidance for fiscal year 2016 is based, in part, on the following annual assumptions:
- Comparable restaurant sales growth of approximately 1.0% to 1.4% which implies growth of approximately flat to 1.0% for the fourth quarter;
- Restaurant pre-opening expenses of approximately $5.0 million to $5.9 million;
- General and administrative expenses of approximately $17.6 million to $18.1 million versus a previous range of $17.8 million to $18.4 million;
- An effective tax rate of approximately 29% to 31%;
- The opening of 12 new restaurants;
- Net capital expenditures (net of tenant improvement allowances) of approximately $33.0 million to $35.0 million versus a previous range of $33.0 million to $38.0 million; and
- Annual weighted average diluted shares outstanding of approximately 16.9 million shares
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Chuy's Holdings (CHUY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Fred's (FRED) Misses Q3 EPS by 9c
- NCI Building Systems (NCS) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!