Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) reported Q3 EPS of $0.27, $1.32 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.59. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.09 billion.
EPS impairment included $0.29 related to the ShopHouse impairment charge and $0.23 due to the deferral of revenue from Chiptopia
Comps fell 21.9 percent, versus an 18.7 percent drop expected
Our Board of Directors has also approved the investment of up to an additional $100 million, exclusive of commissions, to repurchase shares of our common stock. This repurchase authorization, in addition to up to approximately $69.2 million available as of September 30, 2016 for repurchases under a previously announced repurchase authorization, may be modified, suspended, or discontinued at any time
For 2016, management expects the following:
- New restaurant openings for the full year at or above the high end of the previously-disclosed range of 220 to 235
- Comparable restaurant sales declines in the low single-digits for the fourth quarter
- An effective full year tax rate of approximately 38.2%, which benefited from the recognition of tax credits earned in prior years
For 2017, management is targeting the following:
- 195 - 210 new restaurant openings
- Comparable restaurant sales increases in the high single-digits
- Restaurant level operating margins of 20%
- An estimated effective full year tax rate of approximately 39.5%, which will be impacted by volatility due to a recently issued accounting standard that changes how the company accounts for taxes associated with stock-based compensation awards.
- $10.00 earnings per diluted share
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- Express (EXPR) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Comps Outpaced; FY16 EPS Outlook Below Views