Children's Place (PLCE) Tops Q3 EPS by 27c, Comps Up 4.6%; Raises Outlook
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Children's Place (NASDAQ: PLCE) reported Q3 EPS of $2.29, $0.27 better than the analyst estimate of $2.02. Revenue for the quarter came in at $473.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $461.98 million. Comparable Retail Sales Increase of 4.6%.
Children's Place sees FY2016 EPS of $5.00-$5.05, versus prior guidance of $4.60-$4.70 and the consensus of $4.69.
Jane Elfers, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “We delivered another outstanding quarter, with EPS significantly above the high end of our guidance range. Comparable retail sales increased 4.6%. Comps were positive in all three months and accelerated as the quarter progressed. Inventory decreased 0.6% and is in excellent shape as we enter the fourth quarter. Based on these results, we are raising our adjusted EPS guidance for the full year to $5.00 to $5.05 per share compared to our previous guidance of $4.60 to $4.70 per share.”
Ms. Elfers continued, “Our number one priority is the creation of shareholder value. Our results are indicative of the impressive progress we have made against each of our strategic growth initiatives - superior product, business transformation through technology, global growth through alternate channels of distribution and fleet optimization - all of which are supported by a best-in-class management team. We look forward to continued momentum in our business for the fourth quarter and beyond.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Children's Place (PLCE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Destination Maternity (DEST) Reports Q3 Loss of $0.09/Share; Comps Fell 5.2%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!