Celanese Corp. (CE) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Celanese Corp. (NYSE: CE) reported Q3 EPS of $1.67, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $1.61. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.32 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.38 billion.
The company said, "In the third quarter, we once again demonstrated the effectiveness of our business models and our ability to create value for our customers and shareholders. As we approach the end of the year, we see no material changes in the operating environment, which is still impacted by sluggish economic growth. Utilization rates in the Acetyl Chain remain historically low, particularly in China, and growth in Europe and North America has been modest. We will continue to focus on commercial discipline and productivity actions to drive value despite a lackluster macro environment, and we expect to deliver growth in adjusted earnings per share of 8-10 percent for full year 2016."
We are unable to reconcile forecasted adjusted earnings per share growth to US GAAP diluted earnings per share without unreasonable efforts because a forecast of Certain Items, such as mark-to-market pension gains/losses, is not practical.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Celanese Corp. (CE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Tennant Co. (TNC) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Updates FY16 Outlook
- Watsco (WSO) Misses Q3 EPS by 11c; Guides Below the Street
- Franklin Electric (FELE) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c; Narrows Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!