CarMax (KMX) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
CarMax (NYSE: KMX) reported Q2 EPS of $0.88, ex-items, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.88. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.01 billion.
- Net sales and operating revenues increased 2.9% to $4.00 billion.
- Used unit sales in comparable stores increased 3.1%.
- Total used unit sales rose 7.0%.
- Total wholesale unit sales declined 1.3%.
- CarMax Auto Finance (CAF) income declined 2.4% to $96.0 million.
- Net earnings declined $9.9 million, or 5.7%, to $162.4 million, while net earnings per diluted share rose 2.4% to $0.84. Net earnings for this year’s second quarter was reduced by $6.8 million, net of tax, or $0.04 per diluted share, related to the modification of equity awards held by our recently retired chief executive officer. As previously disclosed, net earnings for last year’s second quarter was increased by $6.4 million, net of tax, or $0.03 per diluted share, related to a change in timing of our recognition of reconditioning overhead costs.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on CarMax (KMX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- BMO Capital Remains Bullish on Duluth Holdings Inc. (DLTH) Following 3Q Report
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!