CarMax (KMX) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
CarMax (NYSE: KMX) reported Q2 EPS of $0.88, ex-items, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.88. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.01 billion.
- Net sales and operating revenues increased 2.9% to $4.00 billion.
- Used unit sales in comparable stores increased 3.1%.
- Total used unit sales rose 7.0%.
- Total wholesale unit sales declined 1.3%.
- CarMax Auto Finance (CAF) income declined 2.4% to $96.0 million.
- Net earnings declined $9.9 million, or 5.7%, to $162.4 million, while net earnings per diluted share rose 2.4% to $0.84. Net earnings for this year’s second quarter was reduced by $6.8 million, net of tax, or $0.04 per diluted share, related to the modification of equity awards held by our recently retired chief executive officer. As previously disclosed, net earnings for last year’s second quarter was increased by $6.4 million, net of tax, or $0.03 per diluted share, related to a change in timing of our recognition of reconditioning overhead costs.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on CarMax (KMX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Honeywell (HON) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Issues Q4 EPS outlook
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Wipro (WIT) Misses Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides Q3 Revenue Below Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!