CarMax (KMX) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CarMax (NYSE: KMX) reported Q2 EPS of $0.88, ex-items, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.88. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.01 billion.
- Net sales and operating revenues increased 2.9% to $4.00 billion.
- Used unit sales in comparable stores increased 3.1%.
- Total used unit sales rose 7.0%.
- Total wholesale unit sales declined 1.3%.
- CarMax Auto Finance (CAF) income declined 2.4% to $96.0 million.
- Net earnings declined $9.9 million, or 5.7%, to $162.4 million, while net earnings per diluted share rose 2.4% to $0.84. Net earnings for this year’s second quarter was reduced by $6.8 million, net of tax, or $0.04 per diluted share, related to the modification of equity awards held by our recently retired chief executive officer. As previously disclosed, net earnings for last year’s second quarter was increased by $6.4 million, net of tax, or $0.03 per diluted share, related to a change in timing of our recognition of reconditioning overhead costs.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on CarMax (KMX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- Jefferies Reiterates Hold on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 4Q Report
- Zedge, Inc. (ZDGE) Swings to Q4 Loss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!