Campbell Soup (CPB) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Reaffirms Fiscal 2017 Guidance
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Campbell Soup (NYSE: CPB) reported Q1 EPS of $1.00, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.95. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.2 billion.
Reaffirms Fiscal 2017 Guidance.
Denise Morrison, Campbell’s President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “Fiscal 2017 is off to a solid start relative to our expectations. We continue to execute against our strategic imperatives, reinvest in our business to stimulate topline growth and aggressively manage our costs. We delivered expanded gross margin, and adjusted EBIT and EPS growth cycling a strong year-ago quarter. As expected, organic sales were down slightly compared to the prior year, due to the performance of Campbell Fresh. Campbell Fresh continues to rebuild capacity for Bolthouse FarmsProtein PLUS drinks following a voluntary recall last quarter, and remains focused on working to regain lost carrot customers over time with improved quality.
“Looking ahead, I remain optimistic about plans to accelerate growth with improving trends in U.S. soup and the upcoming launch of Well Yes! ready-to-serve soup, continued strong performance in Pepperidge Farm and a return to growth in Campbell Fresh. Our guidance for the year remains unchanged.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Campbell Soup (CPB) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Conn's (CONN) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c
- Michaels Cos. (MIK) Misses Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Fall 2%; Lowers Outlook, Announces $300M Stock Buyback
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!