Calpine Corporation (CPN) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Calpine Corporation (NYSE: CPN) reported Q3 EPS of $0.83, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.79. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.36 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.78 billion.
Adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter was $632 million compared to $791 million in the prior year period, and Adjusted Free Cash Flow2 was $383 million compared to $576 million in the prior year period. The decreases in Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted Free Cash Flow were primarily due to lower Commodity Margin2, largely driven by lower energy margins due to decreased contribution from hedges. Net Income, As Adjusted2, for the third quarter of 2016 was $186 million compared to $347 million in the prior year period. The decrease in Net Income, As Adjusted, was primarily due to lower commodity revenue, net of commodity expense, as previously discussed.
Narrowing 2016 Guidance and Providing 2017 Full Year Guidance (in millions):
|Adjusted EBITDA||$1,800 - 1,850||$1,800 - 1,950|
|Adjusted Free Cash Flow||$710 - 760||$710 - 860|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Calpine Corporation (CPN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vince Holding (VNCE) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Sales Miss; Guides FY Sales Below the Street
- Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Offers FY Guidance
- Toro Company (TTC) Tops Q4 EPS by 6c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!