CIT Group (CIT) Misses Q3 EPS by 14c
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
CIT Group (NYSE: CIT) reported Q3 EPS of $0.65, $0.14 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.79.
Progress on Strategic Initiatives –
- Signed definitive agreement to sell CIT Commercial Air for $10.0 billion, which represents a 6.7% premium to net assets;
- Received non-objection from Federal Reserve Bank of New York to return up to $3.3 billion of capital to shareholders;
- Closed sale of Canadian Equipment and Corporate Finance Businesses;
Stable Operating Trends – Net Finance Revenue1 as a percent of Average Earning Assets of 3.63%, and credit metrics remain stable; Income from continuing operations negatively impacted by $28 million, net of tax, $0.14 per diluted share, in discrete items related to our strategic initiatives;
Maintained Strong Capital Ratios – Common Equity Tier 1 of 13.7% and Total Capital Ratio of 14.4%; Grew book value to $55.62 per common share and tangible book value to $49.02 per common share at September 30, 2016, each up 1% from the prior quarter.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on CIT Group (CIT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) Tops Q4 EPS by CAD$0.23
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) Misses Q4 EPS by 11c, Offers Outlook
- CIT Group (CIT) Declares $0.15 Quarterly Dividend; 1.4% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!