CIT Group (CIT) Misses Q3 EPS by 14c
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
CIT Group (NYSE: CIT) reported Q3 EPS of $0.65, $0.14 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.79.
Progress on Strategic Initiatives –
- Signed definitive agreement to sell CIT Commercial Air for $10.0 billion, which represents a 6.7% premium to net assets;
- Received non-objection from Federal Reserve Bank of New York to return up to $3.3 billion of capital to shareholders;
- Closed sale of Canadian Equipment and Corporate Finance Businesses;
Stable Operating Trends – Net Finance Revenue1 as a percent of Average Earning Assets of 3.63%, and credit metrics remain stable; Income from continuing operations negatively impacted by $28 million, net of tax, $0.14 per diluted share, in discrete items related to our strategic initiatives;
Maintained Strong Capital Ratios – Common Equity Tier 1 of 13.7% and Total Capital Ratio of 14.4%; Grew book value to $55.62 per common share and tangible book value to $49.02 per common share at September 30, 2016, each up 1% from the prior quarter.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on CIT Group (CIT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tailored Brands (TLRD) Tops Q3 EPS by 13c
- EZCORP (EZPW) Posts Q4 Loss of 31c/Share
- Curtiss-Wright (CW) to Acquire Teletronics Technology in $233M Cash Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!