Burlington Stores (BURL) Tops Q2 EPS by 9c; Raises Outlook
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Burlington Stores (NYSE: BURL) reported Q2 EPS of $0.39, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.30. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.26 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.24 billion.
Comparable store sales increased 5.4%.
Burlington Stores sees FY2016 EPS of $2.92-$2.96, versus prior guidance of $2.68-$2.78 and the consensus of $2.88.
Tom Kingsbury, Chief Executive Officer stated, “We are very pleased to report second quarter results that included a 9.7% increase in net sales, a 5.4% increase in comparable store sales and a 130 basis point expansion in Adjusted EBITDA margin. These results were driven by the continued improvement in the execution of our off-price operating model. Our consistently strong performance has also enabled us to take advantage of favorable interest rates resulting in the re-pricing of our term loan on July 29, 2016. We believe we are well positioned for the fall season and remain focused on delivering great value, relevant brands, fresh product and an improved store experience for our customers every day. I would like to thank our store and corporate teams for these results.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Burlington Stores (BURL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ruth's Hospitality Group (RUTH) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Comps Rose 2.1%
- Stonemor Partners (STON) Set to Open Lower Following Distribution Cut
- Oaktree Capital Group (OAK) Posts Mixed Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!