Burlington Stores (BURL) Tops Q2 EPS by 9c; Raises Outlook
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Burlington Stores (NYSE: BURL) reported Q2 EPS of $0.39, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.30. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.26 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.24 billion.
Comparable store sales increased 5.4%.
Burlington Stores sees FY2016 EPS of $2.92-$2.96, versus prior guidance of $2.68-$2.78 and the consensus of $2.88.
Tom Kingsbury, Chief Executive Officer stated, “We are very pleased to report second quarter results that included a 9.7% increase in net sales, a 5.4% increase in comparable store sales and a 130 basis point expansion in Adjusted EBITDA margin. These results were driven by the continued improvement in the execution of our off-price operating model. Our consistently strong performance has also enabled us to take advantage of favorable interest rates resulting in the re-pricing of our term loan on July 29, 2016. We believe we are well positioned for the fall season and remain focused on delivering great value, relevant brands, fresh product and an improved store experience for our customers every day. I would like to thank our store and corporate teams for these results.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Burlington Stores (BURL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- Fred's (FRED) Misses Q3 EPS by 9c
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Below Consensus Prelim. Q3 Revenue
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!