Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c; Boosts FY16 Outlook; Approves New $3B Stock Buyback Plan
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE: BMY) reported Q3 EPS of $0.77, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $0.65. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.83 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.79 billion.
Bristol-Myers Squibb today announced its Board of Directors approved a new $3 billion repurchase authorization for the Company’s common stock. This is incremental to the current repurchase program, announced in June 2012, under which the Company has approximately $1.1 billion remaining.
The stock repurchase program does not have an expiration date. The repurchases may be made either in the open market or through private transactions and may be suspended or discontinued at any time.
The decision reflects the Company’s strong financial position and its balanced approach to capital allocation, including a commitment to its dividend and a disciplined approach to business development.
Bristol-Myers Squibb sees FY2016 EPS of $2.80-$2.90, versus prior guidance of $2.55-$2.65 and the consensus of $2.63.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Below Consensus Prelim. Q3 Revenue
- Methode Electronics (MEI) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; Boosts FY17 EPS Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Buybacks, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!