Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics (BCLI) Tops Q2 EPS by 13c
- Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics (NASDAQ: BCLI) reported Q2 EPS of ($0.05), $0.13 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.18).
Second Quarter 2016 and Recent Highlights
- Announced positive topline results from U.S. Phase 2 randomized, placebo controlled study of NurOwn in patients with ALS.
- Study achieved its primary objective, demonstrating that NurOwn was safe and well tolerated.
- NurOwn also achieved multiple secondary efficacy endpoints, showing clear evidence of a clinically meaningful benefit.
- Response rates (based on ALSFRS-R responder analysis) were higher in NurOwn-treated subjects compared to placebo at all time points in the study out to 24 weeks.
- Further evidence of biological effect was demonstrated by the increased levels of growth factors in the cerebrospinal fluid and decreased inflammatory markers observed after two weeks.
- Results will be used to help determine the study population and design for a registration study investigating multiple doses of NurOwn in ALS.
- Phase 2 study was conducted at three sites in the U.S: Massachusetts General Hospital, UMass Medical School and the Mayo Clinic.
- Company was awarded $1.5 million in non-dilutive funding from Israel's Office of the Chief Scientist.
- Mr. Chaim Lebovits, CEO, moderated a round table session on Brainstorm's NurOwn proprietary technology at the 11th World Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine Congress in London, UK.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics (BCLI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vera Bradley (VRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Offers Light Q4 Outlook; Enters New Licensing Agreements
- AeroVironment (AVAV) Misses Q2 EPS by 17c
- Applied DNA Sciences (APDN) Misses Q4 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!