Bon-Ton Stores (BONT) Reports Q3 Loss of $1.58; Comps Fall 4.9%
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Bon-Ton Stores (NASDAQ: BONT) reported Q3 EPS of ($1.58), versus ($1.72) reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $589.9 million, versus $623.4 million reported last year.
Comparable store sales decreased 4.9% as compared with the prior year period.
Kathryn Bufano, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Although our third quarter sales performance was impacted by warm weather in addition to soft traffic trends, we made progress on a number of our strategic initiatives. We delivered sales gains in several key categories as well as double digit growth in our omnichannel business and accelerated growth on our mobile site. In addition, we increased our gross margin rate by 170 basis points as a result of improved merchandise margin and reduced delivery costs. We also continued to execute against our cost savings initiatives and reduced inventory by 4.9%.”
Ms. Bufano continued, “Looking ahead, we expect to drive continued momentum in omnichannel with enhancements to our website and mobile site, in addition to our Buy Online Pick Up In-Storeinitiative. We also expect to benefit from our new Love Style Rewards program, continued expansion of new brands and categories, and recently opened furniture departments.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Bon-Ton Stores (BONT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Barnes & Noble Education (BNED) Misses Q2 EPS by 15c; Comps Fell 2.9%
- Kenon Holdings (KEN) Swings to Q3 Loss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!