Bon-Ton Stores (BONT) Reports Q3 Loss of $1.58; Comps Fall 4.9%
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Bon-Ton Stores (NASDAQ: BONT) reported Q3 EPS of ($1.58), versus ($1.72) reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $589.9 million, versus $623.4 million reported last year.
Comparable store sales decreased 4.9% as compared with the prior year period.
Kathryn Bufano, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Although our third quarter sales performance was impacted by warm weather in addition to soft traffic trends, we made progress on a number of our strategic initiatives. We delivered sales gains in several key categories as well as double digit growth in our omnichannel business and accelerated growth on our mobile site. In addition, we increased our gross margin rate by 170 basis points as a result of improved merchandise margin and reduced delivery costs. We also continued to execute against our cost savings initiatives and reduced inventory by 4.9%.”
Ms. Bufano continued, “Looking ahead, we expect to drive continued momentum in omnichannel with enhancements to our website and mobile site, in addition to our Buy Online Pick Up In-Storeinitiative. We also expect to benefit from our new Love Style Rewards program, continued expansion of new brands and categories, and recently opened furniture departments.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Bon-Ton Stores (BONT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!