Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Big 5 Sporting Goods (NASDAQ: BGFV) reported Q3 EPS of $0.38, $0.08 better than the analyst estimate of $0.30. Revenue for the quarter came in at $279 million versus the consensus estimate of $274.64 million.
"While sequencing sample volume growth remains robust, our lowered revenue outlook reflects our updated expectations for HiSeq 2500, HiSeq 4000 and HiSeq X instrument purchases, as well as HiSeq 2500 reagent sales,” stated Francis deSouza, President and CEO. “Over the last few weeks it has become clear that certain academic funding practices were modified in the third quarter, limiting our customers’ ability to make HiSeq X capital commitments. Further, HiSeq 2500 and 4000 demand has been impacted by a migration to NextSeq, for enhanced workflow flexibility and HiSeq X, given its beneficial pricing for whole genome sequencing.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Corning (GLW) Takes Minority Stake in Menlo Micro
- Barnes & Noble Education (BNED) Misses Q2 EPS by 15c; Comps Fell 2.9%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!