Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Big 5 Sporting Goods (NASDAQ: BGFV) reported Q3 EPS of $0.38, $0.08 better than the analyst estimate of $0.30. Revenue for the quarter came in at $279 million versus the consensus estimate of $274.64 million.
"While sequencing sample volume growth remains robust, our lowered revenue outlook reflects our updated expectations for HiSeq 2500, HiSeq 4000 and HiSeq X instrument purchases, as well as HiSeq 2500 reagent sales,” stated Francis deSouza, President and CEO. “Over the last few weeks it has become clear that certain academic funding practices were modified in the third quarter, limiting our customers’ ability to make HiSeq X capital commitments. Further, HiSeq 2500 and 4000 demand has been impacted by a migration to NextSeq, for enhanced workflow flexibility and HiSeq X, given its beneficial pricing for whole genome sequencing.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Central Garden & Pet (CENT) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!